Sunday, April 25, 2010

Double Take – Book Covers



A friend of mine and I were in Wal-Mart before a movie and we were checking out the table of books that was in the middle of one of the aisles when I came across the newly re-released Kelley Armstrong books with their new covers – covers which I am fully against though they are rather pretty. But why must people mess with the original and screw up the formatting of the books not to mention the size. Then they don’t match on the bookshelf.

Anyways, I came across the new cover of No Humans Involved and I couldn’t get it out of my mind that I had seen it somewhere else on another books. And then I realized that it was the exact same, aside from the lack of colour, as the Bree Despain novel cover of The Dark Divine.

This got me thinking: Is this even allowed? And if even if it is, why would an author want basically the same cover as another author? I know that if it were me, I would want something original and different to display what my book contains.

No comments: