Wednesday, May 19, 2010

According to Me 2

Top 10 Worst Books Ever Read


This is a meme that is hosted over at Random Ramblings. I know that this is an old list topic, but I thought that I would give it a go.

To be fair, for the most part the worst books that I have ever read are those that I have also since blocked completely from memory unless someone brings them up. To be honest, most of the worst books that I have ever read have also been for classes and I was forced to read them. After all, why would I pick up a book that, when I read the summary, it looks like I’m not going to enjoy it? And even when that does accidentally happen, I generally tend to not finish the book and this list seems to me as though it should be books that I have read all the way through; or at least “finished” reading using Wikipedia or SparkNotes for the entire plot summary. Of course, it always felt like I read it too when we discussed it in class until the entire subject brought upon a type of brain-death that lasted until the hour (or three depending on the class) was up.

Anyways, here it is, in no particular order.



10. Breaking Dawn – Stephenie Meyer
Ugh. Just, ugh.
9. Lord of the Flies – William Golding
I hated reading this in school.
8. The Hobbit – J.R.R. Tolkien
I hate all his work and how writing.
7. A Canticle for Lebowitz – Walter M. Miller Jr.
I hated writing a paper on this book. If it wasn’t mandatory for class I wouldn’t have even read it.
6. The Apprenticeship of Duddy Kravitz – Mordecai Richler
The ending of this book bothered me SOOOO much. Heck, the entire book bothered me. I hated the character Duddy.
5. Death of a Salesman – Arthur Miller
So boring.
4. Rollback – Robert J. Sawyer
Really boring.
3. Eragon – Christopher Paolini
No original thought in the book at all.
2. The Notebook – Nicholas Sparks
Overrated and not worth reading. The movie was better, but even that sucked.
1. Naomi and Ely’s No Kiss List – Rachel Cohen & David Levithan
Like my review said, I think that this would be better as an audio book.

No comments: