Thursday, May 13, 2010

BBC 100 - Part 4


The final chapter in the BBC Top 100 books that people should read but most have not even cracked open 6...
I believe that I have porved myself as a more learned person and I laugh in their faces over at the BBC. I mean, come on, at least the latest generations of people in high school and college have read over 6 of these. Hell, some kids in elementary school have read over six.
So, without delay, here is the final 25 of 100. Where do you rank?





76. The Inferno – Dante
I've read parts of this for certain English courses but not all of it.

77. Swallows and Amazons - Arthur Ransome

78. Germinal - Emile Zola

79. Vanity Fair - William Makepeace Thackeray
I have started to read this but haven’t finished.

80. Possession - AS Byatt

81. A Christmas Carol - Charles Dickens

82. Cloud Atlas - David Mitchell

83. The Color Purple - Alice Walker
I’ve heard that this is good. Oprah recommends it.

84. The Remains of the Day - Kazuo Ishiguro

85. Madame Bovary - Gustave Flaubert

86. A Fine Balance - Rohinton Mistry

87. Charlotte’s Web - EB White
Such a classic children’s book. I loved it.

88. The Five People You Meet In Heaven - Mitch Albom
This was recommended highly by a friend but I never got around to reading it.

89. Adventures of Sherlock Holmes - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
I have old leather-bound copies of this and I’m almost scared to read it for fear of hurting them.

90. The Faraway Tree Collection - Enid Blyton

91. Heart of Darkness - Joseph Conrad
I read this for one of my university English classes. I didn’t like it.

92. The Little Prince - Antoine De Saint-Exupery
I bought this for my nephew but I’ve never read it myself. I want to though.

93. The Wasp Factory - Iain Banks

94. Watership Down - Richard Adams
A classic that I haven’t gotten around to reading.

95. A Confederacy of Dunces - John Kennedy Toole

96. A Town Like Alice - Nevil Shute

97. The Three Musketeers - Alexandre Dumas
Bookshelf.

98. Hamlet - William Shakespeare
Of course.

99. Charlie and the Chocolate Factory - Roald Dahl
I read this in 5th grade with my class. I loved it but the sequel wasn’t as good.

100. Les Miserables - Victor Hugo
Bookshelf.




So four more on this part of the list, with more sitting on my bookshelf waiting to be read and more still that I haven't finished. So that's 21+/100. Not too bad. I can always read more, too, and make that number bigger!

No comments: