Monday, May 24, 2010

In Fair Verona

Letters to Juliet

Written by: Jose Rivera and Tim Sullivan

Directed by: Gary Winick

Released: May 14, 2010

Rated: PG


Summary: An American girl on vacation in Italy finds an unanswered "letter to Juliet" -- one of thousands of missives left at the fictional lover's Verona courtyard, which are typically answered by a the "secretaries of Juliet" -- and she goes on a quest to find the lovers referenced in the letter.




I went and saw this movie with my Little last week on cheap night at the movies and it was really good, which surprised me a little, though I don’t know why.

The plot was simple – girl helps woman find her childhood sweetheart and falls in love – but the way that the story was portrayed was what really made it. It all just seemed to flow so naturally, as if this was how it would really happen if this actual scenario was to ever really happen. Plus, the acting was great, which added that final element to the entire movie.

The scenic views in this movie are absolutely phenomenal. I was in Verona once on a spring break trip to Italy and I've always wanted to go back. Watching this movie was like being there again and I recognized a lot of the places.

I have to honest, though. The part that really made this movie amazing was the actor who played Charlie; Christopher Egan. Not only is this guy smoking hot, but he was able to capture his character in just a way that… it’s so hard to describe. He was just so sarcastic and funny, and exactly how I can see so many of my guy friends reacting in those types of situations.

I can’t really say what else was so good about this movie, but it was just one of those films that made you feel happy at the end. I’m giving this movie a 9/10. If you haven’t seen it already, go see it. It’s perfect for a girls’ night out or a date movie.

No comments: