Saturday, May 29, 2010

Liars Liars Three

Perfect

Written by: Sara Shepard

Released: September 1, 2007 by HarperTeen


Summary: In a town where gossip thrives like the ivy that clings to its mansions, where mysteries lie behind manicured hedges and skeletons hide in every walk-in closet, four perfect-looking girls aren't nearly as perfect as they seem.

Three years ago, Spencer, Aria, Emily, Hanna, and their best friend Alison were the girls at Rosewood Day School. They clicked through the halls in their Miu Miu flats, tanned in their matching Pucci bikinis, and laughed behind their freshly manicured fingernails. They were the girls everyone loved but secretly hated—especially Alison.

So when Alison mysteriously vanished one night, Spencer, Aria, Emily, and Hanna's grief was tinged with . . . relief. And when Alison's body was later discovered in her own backyard, the girls were forced to unearth some ugly memories of their old friend, too. Could there be more to Alison's death than anyone realizes?

Now someone named A, someone who seems to know everything, is pointing the finger at one of them for Ali's murder. As their secrets get darker and their scandals turn deadly, A is poised to ruin their perfect little lives forever.







Well, the good news what that I was able to break the Harry Potter Syndrome long enough to finish reading this book. The bad news was that I finished the book.

So this book was more of a bridging book that is meant to help along the story and give all those little details that otherwise would bog down one of the truly fantabulous books in the series. Or so I though. Sure, the majority of the book is like that; you get what you expect. But then there are the last few chapters. All I can say is HOLY SHIT cliff-hanger Batman.

Of course, unless I wanted to spoil it for everyone who hasn’t read the book yet, I can’t go into details, but I found myself afraid to read on, like I was seriously scared of what was going to happen. And then something happened. I am so happy though that I didn’t start this series when it was first released because I might have shot something if I would have had to wait for the next book. Luckily I don’t since it’s sitting on my newly organized bookshelf.

Now I have to read said next book in the series, Unbelievable, and I can’t wait – though Harry is deciding to stick around for a little longer I think. Overall, I’m giving this book an 8/10; it would have been lower but that ending – wowza. It saved the book.

No comments: