Monday, May 3, 2010

BBC 100 - Part 3


Part 3 of the BBC 100 book list where they decided that the average person hasn't even read 6 books on this list. So far, I've proved them wrong, but where do you rank?




51. Life of Pi - Yann Martel
I borrowed this book from a friend, it sat around my room for over a year and I never got around to reading it before I gave it back.

52. Dune - Frank Herbert
I’ve heard that this is a good SciFi series.

53. Cold Comfort Farm - Stella Gibbons

54. Sense and Sensibility - Jane Austen
Bookshelf.

55. A Suitable Boy - Vikram Seth

56. The Shadow of the Wind - Carlos Ruiz Zafon

57. A Tale Of Two Cities - Charles Dickens

58. Brave New World - Aldous Huxley

59. The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night - time - Mark Haddon

60. Love in the Time Of Cholera - Gabriel Garcia Marquez

61. Of Mice and Men - John Steinbeck
This was one book that I never got to read in high school or any of my university classes though plenty of other classes read it.

62. Lolita - Vladimir Nabokov

63. The Secret History - Donna Tartt

64. The Lovely Bones - Alice Sebold
I bought a copy at a used book store a while ago and it’s on my reading pile.

65. Count of Monte Cristo - Alexandre Dumas
Bookshelf.

66. On The Road - Jack Kerouac
A friend of mine bought this books for her dad for Christmas a few years ago. She really enjoyed it, so I might get it from the library one of these days.

67. Jude the Obscure - Thomas Hardy

68. Bridget Jones’s Diary - Helen Fielding
I tried reading this but couldn’t decipher the British slang at the time. I liked the movie though.

69. Midnight’s Children - Salman Rushdie

70. Moby Dick - Herman Melville

71. Oliver Twist - Charles Dickens

72. Dracula - Bram Stoker
I’ve read Frankenstein. That should count for something.

73. The Secret Garden - Frances Hodgson Burnett
One of my favourites.

74. Notes From A Small Island - Bill Bryson
I’ve never even heard of this book… is it good?

75. Ulysses - James Joyce




Total Count: 1.5, which brings my total up to 17/75 with more than that sitting unread (so far) on my bookshelf.

No comments: