Saturday, May 15, 2010

Snob Squad: The Fifth



The Pretty Committee Strikes Back: A Clique Novel

Written by: Lisi Harrison

Released: March 1, 2006 by Little, Brown Young Readers


Summary: A tragic haircut leaves Kristen looking manlier than a New York Jets linebacker. Will she be condemned to a season of trying to find cute hats when, as everyone knows, hats are so over? Meanwhile, Claire's got everything she wants -- new camo converse high-tops, bags and bags of gummies, and best of all, her first ever cell phone, from Massie. Although Claire's now an official member of the Clique, presents don't matter to her -- all she really wants is her first kiss from Cam, of course!



I didn’t like this book as much as the other ones. I’m not sure exactly why, but unlike the others I had to keep coming back to reading it.

That being said, it wasn’t that bad and it really cemented me in the belief that I need to read these in order and before I pick up the sixth from the library I need to go and get the second and third.

It was interesting to read about Massie’s kissing club and how fish-out-of-water the girls were while camping. Laine’s character really annoyed me in this book… I don’t know if it’s her constant food obsession or just her general annoying personality.

Honestly, I just can’t relate to anything that goes on in these books but they are still a fun book to read when I want something stupid, silly, and mind-numbing. I’m giving this book a 5/10. As a series, I can see where the appeal is for younger readers, but I think that these books would be better utilized as a television show like they’re doing for the Pretty Little Liars books – ones which I now am reading.

No comments: