Monday, May 3, 2010

Spotlight Saturday... On Monday...



So from being a follower of Random Ramblings, I came to find Lori’s Reading Corner and her new Saturday Spotlight meme – a meme that I think will be really great and something that I would want to participate in frequently.

Anyways, this week, the first ever week, the spotlight is turned onto us bloggers and what got us started book blogging. So here goes…


My name is Katherine and unless you’re a blood relative you aren’t going to get away with shortening it to anything else. Of course, there are a few friends who get away with calling me by my last name, but that’s something that I can live with. I grew up on a horse farm and my dad still has two race horses. When I’m not working or with friends, I’m usually there.

I am an only child who grew up reading books – I was an early reader who was reading those Babysitter Little Sister books before I entered kindergarten. The obsession and addiction kind of took off from there. As soon as I had a library to borrow from (i.e. my elementary school) I loaded up on the books and to this day I still frequent my local library; I boast a total of six different library cards with that number always growing. Plus there’s the library of shelves that my mother had to build in the house just to house almost all my personal books.

I started to blog about books after stumbling onto The Story Siren (I can’t remember how now that I think about it) and I’ve been growing my blog-follower list ever since. Then one day I just decided that instead of just reading about it I should do it. So I did. And I’ve been posting ever since.

Lately, I’ve been on a real YA kick. I really just like to turn off my brain sometimes and submerge myself into a different place and different people. Where I find that the ‘adult’ books can be a little heavy to properly do that, the YA books are perfect and amazing. That being said, I read just about anything from every genre. Sure, I have books that I don’t like, but that’s life.

As far as my personal life goes, I’m currently taking a break from university to work off student loans and really figure out what I want to do in life. I’m planning on going back in the fall and I can’t wait to have a regular class schedule again, though where and what I’ll be doing is still slightly undetermined. It’s a toss-up between returning back and finishing my English/Writing degrees (which I will do eventually anyways) or enrolling in a make-up academy. I love both, so it’s a hard decision; I would love to be in both the publishing world and make-up industry.

I also hate peas, love stupid television, and am a huge movie buff. I want to travel the world, publish a best seller (or discover one), and eventually live in a gorgeous Victorian home.

No comments: