Monday, September 20, 2010

Movie Monday - Wear Your "True" Letters!

Easy A

Written by: Bert V. Royal

Directed by: Will Gluck

Released: September 17, 2010

Rating: PG-13

Summary: A clean-cut high school student relies on the school's rumor mill to advance her social and financial standing.


So, as soon as I had seen the preview for this movie I knew that I wanted to watch it myself. I knew that it would be funny and full of hilarious teen 'drama', so this past Friday I made my friend Rachelle go with me to see it. Not that I had to coerce her too much...

Needless to say, I was not disappointed when I finally saw this movie. I laughed so much at times that I would miss the next line and it was full of insightful little quips that we were still quoting as we drove home after. Really, the one-liners in this movie are gold.

The characters in this movie are great and the amount of literary references that they were able to squeeze in is phenomenal. The MCs parents are what I want to be when I'm a parent; seriously, they're funny.

If you haven't seen this yet, I highly recommend it. It's one of those movies where you can go with your boyfriend (as long as you're on with him ogling Emma Stone in her skimpy outfits) and it's a great movie to go see with your friends. I'm giving it a 10/10. I can't wait for it to come out on DVD so that I can buy it and watch it over and over again!

1 comment:

Joli @ Actin' Up with Books said...

I can't wait to see this movie. It looks like so much fun. Thanks for reviewing it.

I am a new follower!