Sunday, September 26, 2010

Own a Piece of Your Childhood

So, while catching up on my Perez, I hit this article about Charlotte's Webb by E.B. White. Below I've copied the article itself and I've included the link to the original. I would have done just the link, but some of the comments are your typical gross ones.

Anyways, enjoy! I know that I loved this book as a kid and it was one of the first ones that I read in class.


Original web posting.

Article:


No doubt growing up you read the story Charlotte's Web. (Or if you are of this generation, you watched the Dakota Fanning movie that surely gave you night terrors for a month)


Well, the family of illustrator Garth Williams has decided to reach into the family vault and release 46 of his original sketches for the classic novel and put them up for auction.

On October 15th, Heritage Auctions will make the original illustrations, which include the iconic cover, available for purchase. For the sketch of the books cover there is an estimated price of $20,000 to $30,000.

That's a pretty penny to spend, but for a true collector, perhaps its worth it!



Granted, I would never spend that much on an illustration, but if I had an unlimited supply of money or I had just robbed a bank... maybe.

No comments: