Monday, September 13, 2010

Sigh... One Really Neat Challenge

The reason for the "sigh"? Because had I of known about this challenge months ago I would have been practically done it already. Well, almost anyways.

Today I discovered a new blog (to me) called The Bibliophile's Lounge and with it discovered the 30 Books to Movies Challenge.

Anyone who has read through my reviews must have noted how many are related to books-movies. I counted and I'm almost at 30 as is; of course, that's counting a few where I haven't actually seen the movie (if it hasn't been released and whatnot), and some relate to television series which have been made from books, but still, those would count right?

Anyways, this is a fantastic challenge and if you think about it, it would be completely possible to participate this late in the year if you did a review every day for a month. It is only September after all and the challenge ends in December. Plus, it would give you a viable reason to either go to the movie store or go to the theatre to see that movie that you have wanted to see for a while but jut never got around to seeing.

Speaking of which, does anyone know if there's a release date for Tomorrow, When the War Began in North America? I'm dying here to see it! Never mind, it debuted last night at the Toronto Film Festival. Dammit, had I of known that I would have found a way to get there to see it!!!! Well, I hope that that means that it will get a wider release later in the fall. Fingers crossed.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Lucky you! Tomorrow doesn't have a U.S. release date yet. I may have to head across the bridge just to see it.

Have you seen the full-length trailer yet?