Friday, September 10, 2010

Six Feet Under?

Generation Dead

Written by: Daniel Waters

Released: May 6, 2008 by Hyperion


Summary: Phoebe is just your typical goth girl with a crush. He's strong and silent...and dead.

I got this book out from the library a few weeks ago and I was really excited to read it; I had seen the book so many times and never bought it while at the bookstore, so I thought that this was my chance to get it. Boy was that a waste of my time.

Now, maybe it was just because after a few chapters I still couldn't get into the book, but it didn't have that allure that I thought it would hold. Maybe I was just expecting too much from it, I don't know. What I do know is that I was able to skip to the back, read the last few pages plus an excerpt from the next book and I was set; I knew what was going to happen and basically how.

I really wanted to like this book. Really, I did. It is such a different concept and it looked like it would have been fun to read. Alas, some things are not meant to be. Sadly, I'm giving this book a 2/10. Maybe I'll try reading it again another time.

2 comments:

A Story Untold said...

I had the same problem too.It's not that I didn't like it, but I struggled with it, nonetheless.

Swimmer said...

I never but this on my TBR because I didn't like the cover... glad I didn't!