Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Wish List Wednesday - Number Twenty

So, this week I'm doing something  little different because I'm going to skip over the books that are on my wish list (there are so many too to cover!) and head straight over to a film which I have just discovered on IMDb and have fallen in love with.


Sucker Punch

Written by: Zach Snyder & Steve Shibuya

Directed by: Zach Snyder

Released: March 25, 2011

Rating: Unknown, but I'm guessing that it's going to be R


Summary: A young girl is institutionalized by her wicked stepfather. Retreating to an alternative reality as a coping strategy, she envisions a plan which will help her escape from the facility.






Seriously, how amazing does this look/sound? It's described as a little Alice in Wonderland, and I can picture it as that with some fantasy ans sci-fi and general ass-kicking thrown in.

Remember that episode of Buffy the Vampire Slayer where it's discovered that she's really in a mental institution and imagining all of Sunnydale? (sorry for any spoilers) I think that this movie is going to be like that episode only a million times better. And there's going to be DRAGONS!!!


2011 really can't get here any faster. I think that it's going to be one of those amazing film/literature years.

No comments: