Saturday, November 27, 2010

Fairy Heavy Metal 1.5

Winter’s Passage


Written by: Julie Kagawa

Released: June 1, 2010 by Harlequin

Summary: Meghan Chase used to be an ordinary girl...until she discovered that she is really a faery princess. After escaping from the clutches of the deadly Iron fey, Meghan must follow through on her promise to return to the equally dangerous Winter Court with her forbidden love, Prince Ash. But first, Meghan has one request: that they visit Puck--Meghan's best friend and servant of her father, King Oberon--who was gravely injured defending Meghan from the Iron Fey.

Yet Meghan and Ash's detour does not go unnoticed. They have caught the attention of an ancient, powerful hunter--a foe that even Ash may not be able to defeat....

An eBook exclusive story from Julie Kagawa's Iron Fey series.




So as soon as I remembered that there was this e-book (I blogged about it a few months ago), I downloaded the PDF and read it.

Where I really enjoyed the first book, and I’m enjoying the second, this filled in the gaps but left me with nothing. Honestly, the only thing going for this is that it does fill in a few questions that I had while reading the beginning of the second book, and it’s short. Oh, and the cover follows general Iron Feyness and is gorgeous. Whoever designs the artwork is amazing.

While I would recommend reading this between the first and second, it’s really not all that needed since any form of imagination could fill in the gaps. But, if you’re looking for an Iron Fey fix, this is a great, short, way to read about the characters that you like without it taking too long. I'm giving it a 4/10.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am really looking forward to reading this series when it comes out over here next year. Is it best to read this before reading book 2?