Saturday, January 1, 2011

Lip Service

Kiss Me Kill Me


Written by: Lauren Henderson

Released: January 8, 2008 by Delacorte Books for Young Readers

Summary: When 16-year-old Scarlett Wakefield transfers from St. Tabby’s to Wakefield Hall Collegiate, she is relieved that no one knows her dark, haunting secret. A few months ago, Scarlett was invited to an elite party with a guest list full of the hottest names in British society, including Dan McAndrew. Before the party, Scarlett had only imagined what it would be like to have her first kiss with Dan, but on the penthouse terrace, Dan leaned in close and she no longer had to wonder. Their kiss was beautiful and perfect and magical, and then . . . Dan McAndrew took his last breath as she held him in her arms. No one knows how or why Dan died, and everyone at St. Tabby’s believes Scarlett had something to do with it. But now that she’s safely hidden away at Wakefield Hall, Scarlett would rather forget that it ever happened. Only she can’t. Especially when she receives an anonymous note that will set her on the path to clearing her name and finding out what really happened to the first and last boy she kissed.


This review is more than long overdue but I’ve been reading so many amazing books and trying to write my 2010 debut novel reviews, so this book sort of fell by the wayside until now.

Scarlett as a character was an alright person to me, but I wasn’t keen on her to the point of, is she were real, being her friend. At this point, the fact that I can barely remember her (aside from how she ditched her friends to hang out with the popular crowd) goes to show just how great she was in that respect. Now, the story on the other hand; it’s fantastic.

I loved the mystery that surrounded this book and the characters. I couldn’t wait to find out what had happened in order to make Dan die – though I had an inkling since I had read the summaries for the next two books – but I wanted to know for myself the exact details.

See, this is why I should write reviews as soon as I’m finished reading them. I’m at a complete loss of words for how to properly review this book. So, because of my lack of memory, I’m giving this a 6/10. But as an added note for this book, I can’t wait to read the rest in the series.

ps: Love the cover.

No comments: