Thursday, January 13, 2011

No Parole 4

Sweet Deceit


Written by: Kate Brian

Released: June 8, 2010 by Simon and Schuster Children’s Publishing

Summary: Ariana Osgood has been tapped for Stone and Grave, Atherton-Price Hall's most exclusive secret society. But so has her arch-nemesis, Kaitlynn. Winning one of the coveted spots is key to preserving Ariana's luxe life at APH, so she's not giving up without a fight. When Hell Week lives up to its name and the competition turns deadly, only one girl will walk away alive . . .


I love this series and this book didn’t disappoint. From the very beginning to the very end (especially the end) it was a non-stop thrill ride.

I greatly enjoy reading about Arianna’s escapades and with the Hell Week happening and Lexa being an uber witch there wasn’t a loss of drama. Plus, you get to experience Bridget’s wake and the aftermath of the last book (sorry id that ruined anything).

The one thing that I hate about these books is writing reviews. Don’t get me wrong, I want to share my love of them, but so much happens that you don’t want to give away the suspense.

Arianna, as always, has the innate need for control over her life and with the Hell Week events she can’t help but feel overwhelmed. After all, If she doesn’t get into the Stone and Grave she’s doomed in life – at least she thinks to – but having to cope with Kailtynn’s anxiety over it all as well… things just aren’t as sunny as Arianna would like them.

I can’t wait to see where this series will go before the final book – which comes out this June – and I just hope that the finale is as explosive as the series has been.

This is a definite 9/10 book for me.

No comments: