Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Read Chapter One of New Sarah Dessen

As bad as it sounds, I've never read any of Sarah Dessen's books. A travesty, I know, especially as a blogger, but for some reason I've just never picked up anything of hers and kept it in my hand. I think that I'll have to change that soon.

That being said, her new novel, which is due out this spring, has the first chapter posted online here. I've read it and I have to say that I'm incredibly intrigued.


What Happened to Goodbye

Released: May 10, 2011 by Penguin Young Readers Group
Summary: Another town. Another school. Another Mclean. Ever since her parents' bitter divorce, Mclean and her father have been fleeing their unhappy past. And Mclean's become a pro at reinventing herself with each move. But in Lakeview, Mclean finds herself putting down roots and making friends—in part, thanks to Dave, the most real person Mclean's ever met. Dave just may be falling in love with her, but can he see the person she really is? Does Mclean herself know?

Doesn't it sound like it's going to be a great read? Plus, I've heard plenty of amazing things about Dessen's books, so I highly doubt that this one will be different in terms of quality reading.

No comments: