Monday, February 21, 2011

Movie Monday - Insta-Parents

Life as We Know It


Written by: Ian Dietchman and Kristin Rusk Robinson

Directed by: Greg Berlanti

Released: October 8, 2010 by Warner Bros.

Rating: PG-13

Summary: Holly and Eric were set up on a blind date by their friends, Peter and Allison who are married. A few years later after Peter and Allison were killed in an accident, they learn that Peter and Allison have named them as the guardians to their daughter, Sophie. So they move into their house and try their best to honour their friends' wishes. But raising a child puts a crimp on their style and they don't exactly get along.


I was able to watch this after my aunt told me that she had bought it and I had a few hours to kill before a hair appointment. Admittedly, as much as I would have liked to see it, it wasn’t so high a priority that I would have gone out and spent money on it – which I’m happy I didn’t do.

This was a cute movie, with a cast that worked well together, but when you got right down to the basics, it was just that: a cute movie. It was predictable and you knew how it would end even before you saw it. It’s not one of those movies that I would rush out to buy as soon as I could.

Don’t get me wrong, even though I was severely sleep deprived (allergies) it was enough to keep me awake and I did enjoy watching it. It has its funny moments and its touching, heart-felt moments. Basically it was a fantastic chick-flick. But I’m still really happy that I wasn’t the one to spend any money on it.

Overall, I’m giving this a 6/10. May watch it again, but there are so many better movies out there that unless I was with someone who hadn’t seen it, I highly doubt that it would happen any time soon.

No comments: