Monday, February 7, 2011

Movie Monday – The Period Mix CD

No Strings Attached


Written by: Elizabeth Meriweather

Directed by: Ivan Reitman

Released: January 21, 2011 by Paramount Pictures

Rating: R

Summary: A guy and girl try to keep their relationship strictly physical, but it's not long before they learn that they want something more.


My cousin and I wanted to go to the movies and this was pretty much the only one that neither of us had seen and we could both agree on. We were both really happy that we decided on it, too.

This movie, right from the first scene, has this type of humour that creeps up on you, makes a stealth attack, and then retreats. As funny as the movie was, it was those moments that made me miss several following lines of dialogue because I was mentally reliving the previous one-liner.

Aside from the witty (and fairly sexual) lines, this was a cute movie. The chemistry between Portman and Kutcher was sizzling; you could completely believe that they were a ‘friends with benefits’ couple who develop into more.

This is a great date movie but not one I would suggest seeing with a parental until. While funny, I know that if I was sitting next to my dad during this movie I would feel completely embarrassed over the sexual content. However, I would completely buy this on DVD when it comes out, I enjoyed it that much. I give it an 8/10.

No comments: