Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Television Tuesdays (3)

I love the show Buffy the Vampire Slayer and I completely bow to the genius of Joss Whedon, so when I heard that he was coming out with a new series, I knew that I wanted to see what it was all about. Then, after doing some research on the show and seeing the trailer, I knew for sure that I had to watch if only to quell my intrigue.


Dollhouse is one of those shows that throws you directly into the action and you’re not quite sure what’s going on for a few minutes. And even after you think you’ve figured out what’s going on, something else is introduced that makes you rethink everything. It’s a very mystery-orientated show. The summary from IMDb says it better than I can;

The show follows an organization that employs mind-wiped humans known as Dolls who are implanted with false memories and skills for various missions and tasks. When they are not 'at work' they are living in a real life Dollhouse which gives the show the name. One of those mind-wiped humans, a young woman named Echo, is slowly starting to become aware of herself and what's going on - all the while somebody on the outside is trying to bring the Dollhouse down while getting closer to Echo - possibly not aware that she is one of the Dolls he is after.


Even after reading the summary, let me tell you that there is so much more to the show than that.

Sadly, this was one of those shows that only had about half the regular number of episodes per season than most shows and with only two seasons making up the entire series, it’s a very shortly run show. But, even though it doesn’t have the numbers, the content more than makes up for it. I swear that you’ll be on the edge of your seat until the very end and even then you’re left wondering.

If you’re into sci-fi and you like to have shows where you need to keep track of details, this might be one that you would enjoy. It’s one of the shows that I’m incredibly happy I have on DVD (at least, I have season one)so that I can watch over again since I don’t believe that it’s playing in re-runs. I give it a 9/10. If you have a weekend to spare especially now that the weather isn’t all that nice, watching this entire series would be a great way to spend it if you so desired.

No comments: