Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Wish List Wednesday - Number Forty-Six

Last autumn I read Halo by Alexandra Adornetto and I was rather blown away by her North American debut – especially since she’s so young. Ever since then I have wanted to read the next two novels in the trilogy.


Well, finally, the cover was released for the second book. While I’m not a fan at all, I still can’t wait to read it and find out what happens to Bethany.

Hades

Released: August 28, 2011 by Feiwel & Friends

Summary: Even the love of her boyfriend, Xavier Woods, and her archangel siblings, Gabriel and Ivy, can’t keep the angel Bethany Church from being tricked into a motorcycle ride that ends up in Hell. There, Jake Thorn bargains for Beth’s release back to Earth. But what he asks of her will destroy her, and quite possibly her loved ones as well. Can he be trusted in this wager? And what does Jake have Xavier believing about Beth’s fate that may result in an act of betrayal that will leave Bethany – and readers – wondering if Xav is so good after all?


The summary sounds fantastic and I cannot wait until the end of summer. But how does someone go about being tricked into getting on the back of a motorcycle?

But then there’s this cover which I really hope isn’t the final one. I just think that this cover just doesn’t have the romance and appeal that the first had. It's also not as graceful and classically beautiful. If this had been the cover for the first novel I don’t think that I would have been near as excited to read it.

No comments: