Saturday, May 7, 2011

Summer Lovin' III

We’ll Always Have Summer


Written by: Jenny Han

Released: April 26, 2011 by Simon and Schuster Children’s Publishing

Summary: It's been two years since Conrad told Belly to go with Jeremiah. She and Jeremiah have been inseparable ever since, even attending the same college-- only, their relationship hasn't exactly been the happily ever after Belly had hoped it would be. And when Jeremiah makes the worst mistake a boy can make, Belly is forced to question what she thought was true love. Does she really have a future with Jeremiah? Has she ever gotten over Conrad? It's time for Belly to decide, once and for all, who has her heart forever.


I really dislike Jeremiah and since it happens within the first few chapters I’m going to go ahead and tell you why. He’s a cheating jerk, that’s why. Oh Belly, why are you so dumb that you give him the second chance and everything else that happens after? He’s a meat-head stereotypical frat boy who doesn’t think with his brain. And kudos to you for Belly for not giving in to the pressure of sexual tension and sticking to your beliefs.

And Conrad, I wanted to slap you from the moment you came back on the scene. Grow some and sweep Belly off her feet like you know you want to.

But I digress.

This novel was a perfect ending to this entire Summer trilogy. It had the writing that I’ve come to expect from Jenny Han, the pure emotions associated with the characters, and the drama, drama, drama that makes these novels to great. Throw in the love triangle which is finally resolved (I’m not telling who’s with who, though) and a wedding and you get this amazing novel. I almost wish that there would be a fourth book... but this ended so perfectly that another book might ruin that.

Once again, this is a trilogy to read and if you haven’t already and with the last novel finally released (now I just have to wait for it in paperback) you won’t have to deal with the year-long wait between books. I give this novel an 8.5/10 and I can’t wait to see what Jenny Han comes out with next.



My ever thanks to Simon and Schuster for allowing me an eARC of this novel – especially since once I started to read the previous two novel I knew that I would need to know the ending.

No comments: