Monday, June 27, 2011

Movie Monday - Made of Dishonour

Bridesmaids


Written by: Annie Mumolo and Kristin Wiig

Directed by: Paul Feig

Released: May 13, 2011 by Universal Pictures

Rating: R

Summary: Annie, is a maid of honour whose life unravels as she leads her best friend, Lillian, and a group of colourful bridesmaids on a wild ride down the road to matrimony. Annie's life is a mess. But when she finds out her lifetime best friend is engaged, she simply must serve as Lillian's maid of honor. Though lovelorn and broke, Annie bluffs her way through the expensive and bizarre rituals. With one chance to get it perfect, she'll show Lillian and her bridesmaids just how far you'll go for someone you love.


Oh my god I think I almost peed my pants about 27 times while watching this movie – one of the only movies that I’ve EVER watched more than once in theatres. If you haven’t seen this one yet, GO RIGHT NOW! It’s great for both guys and girls and neither will be disappointed.

Unlike a lot of R rated movie that have recently come out either on DVD or in theatres, this one doesn’t need to resort to the gross-out factor of comedy. Sure, it has its moments (like the scene in the bridal store) but even that isn’t as bad as most movies show. Plus, it’s a genuinely funny scene and the gross-out is just an added bit.

This is going to be a movie I’ll be buying as soon as it comes out on DVD just so that I can watch it whenever I want. I give it a 10/10!

1 comment:

Audrey (holes In My brain) said...

bahaha i love this movie too! definitely surprised by the humour, it's both clever and at times gross. the bridal store scene... omfggg ;P fab review!