Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Top Ten Tuesday (6)



This week it’s the top ten book endings that left me with my mouth hanging open. Of course, there are several definitions of that would leave a person’s mouth hanging open, but for me it was either an abrupt ending, a cliff-hanger ending,  or one that left me an emotional mess.
And so, in no particular order, my list is;

1.Wolfsbane by Andrea Cremer (and Nightshade, of course)
Do I really have to explain this one? For anyone who’s read these novels, they will be suffering the same as I am
2. Wildefire by Karsten Knight
Yet another novel where the ending left me completely wanting because it JUST ENDS! Damn you Karsten Knight. Your good looks don’t let you off the hook for the ending.
3. The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michele Hodkin
Dear Michelle, PUBLISH THE DAMN SECOND NOVEL! Even though, you know, Mara Dyer just came out and all... yeah...
4. Eve by Anna Carey
Oh foul endings, you slay me in your abruptly ending. Second instalment soon, please.
5. Pretty Little Liars by Sara Shepard
Especially since I figured that book 8 would be the last, but no, there are 4 more!
6. Legacy by Cayla Kluver
It just ENDED! I need the next novel ASAP
7. The Girl of Fire and Thorns by Rae Carson
The ending was unsatisfying; as in I wanted a lot more to happen.
8. Forbidden by Tabitha Suzuma
This was such a hard novel to read, not because of the subject matter but because of the emotions it deals with.
9. Undercurrent by Tricia Rayburn
I need to know what happens next! Oh Simon - My heart goes out to you!
10. Bumped by Megan McCafferty
I can’t wait for Thumped! Release date please come soon! (ps: LOVE the title)

As always, check out The Broke and the Bookish for more Top Ten fun!

1 comment:

~Sara @ Just Another Story said...

Mara Dyer. Ugh, that ending slayed me. So many times I was like What the heck it going on!!! It was pretty epic. Can't wait for book number 2. I'm nervous about Wolfsbane now. Can I handle any more cliff hanger endings, I don't know?!?!?