Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Wish List Wednesday - Number Seventy-Four


Ok, so this blogging break has gone on for a lot longer than I thought it would, and for that I apologize. I actually got the kick that I need today via e-mail. Apparently last week I got an e-mail from BEA (which I deleted without really reading like I do most of them since they’re about webinars and stuff) which stated that I didn’t meet the standards for the media pass. Since I never read it, I didn’t freak out until I got an e-mail today which apologized for taking so long for that previous e-mail, and letting me know that I’m still registered after all since they fucked up. Uh, thanks? I would have been super pissed otherwise since – having not received the “rejection” e-mail four months ago when I first registered – I have booked my flight and hotel and have been counting down the days for the last little while. (41 DAYS! )

Still, the e-mail really made me realize that I’ve been MIA for a long time and that it was about time that I got back to it. I do, after all, have something like 16+ reviews that need to be written/vlogged. So I’m taking a stand and today is the real day that I’m going to start back into it full time again. In fact, I’ve already scheduled some posts!



So, in honour of my first review starting back, my Wish List Wednesday pick is;


The Unfailing Light

Written by: Robin Bridges

Released: October 9, 2012 by Random House Children’s Books

Summary: Having had no choice but to use her power has a necromancer to save Russia from dark forces, Katerina Alexandrovna, Duchess of Oldenburg, now wants to forget that she ever used her special powers. She's about to set off to pursue her lifelong dream of attending medical school when she discovers that Russia's arch nemesis--who she thought she'd destroyed--is still alive. So on imperial orders, Katerina remains at her old finishing school. She'll be safe there, because the empress has cast a potent spell to protect it against the vampires and revenants who are bent on toppling the tsar and using Katerina for their own gains. But to Katerina's horror, the spell unleashes a vengeful ghost within the school, a ghost more dangerous than any creature trying to get in.


My review for the first novel, The Gathering Storm, will be up tomorrow and I can’t wait to find out what happens in the sequel. But can I just say that I effing hate this cover? It would be gorgeous, but the unnaturally tiny waist of the cover model just makes me a little sick. It’s too extreme photoshopped. Blech.

No comments: