Thursday, May 3, 2012

If U Can't Dance

dancergirl

Written by: Carol M. Tanzman

Released: November 15, 2011 by Harlequin
Summary: Ever feel like someone's watching you? Me, too. But lately it's been happening in my room. 
When I'm alone. 
A friend posted a video of me dancing online, and now I'm no longer Alicia Ruffino. I'm dancergirl. And suddenly it's like me against the world everyone's got opinions. 
My admirers want more, the haters hate, my best friend Jacy even he's acting weird. And some stalker isn't content to just watch anymore. 
Ali. Dancergirl. Whatever you know me as, however you've seen me online, I've trained my whole life to be the best dancer I can be. But if someone watching has their way, I could lose way more than just my love of dancing. I could lose my life.



This novel really surprised me – in a good way. I think I may be losing my touch because I so could not call who the stalker was until it just about smacked me in the face. This is also the type of novel that makes you sit back and really look at how you are portraying yourself online and makes you realize that over sharing is easy and can end up being dangerous.

After I finished reading this novel I had nightmares. Ok, not necessarily nightmares, but not so nice dreams; I got so sucked into the novel that it transferred into my subconscious. 

A novel to keep your eye out for – especially for you Criminal Minds-type fans – this one is fantastic. I’m giving it a 7/10.

Ps: Jacy = swoon. That there is enough reason to make you read!

1 comment:

Carol Tanzman said...

Thanks for the review--and especially for NOT giving out any spoilers-- which would definitely spoil this book!