Thursday, May 24, 2012

Welcome to Delcroix

The Candidates

Written by: Inara Scott

Released: August 24, 2012 by Hyperion

Summary: Dancia Lewis has a secret: whenever she sees a person threaten someone she cares about, things "happen." Dancia does all she can to stay under the radar, but when recruiters from the prestigious Delcroix Academy offer her a scholarship, she reluctantly accepts.






I really enjoyed this novel and I’m super sad that my e-galley of the second novel expired before I got around to reading not only this novel but it as well. However, that just means that book two made my To Buy list for NYC.

While the main character was a little young for my reading tastes –she was going into grade 9 so that makes her, like, 14 – I really enjoyed the novel. I liked the whole idea behind the school and the powers that Dancia (I keep wanting to call her Danica) has.

I really want to see where the next novel takes this story since a lot was left unsaid at the end of this novel. I think that (and this isn’t in the video review) this was a great builder novel for the world that the characters live in and that with the second novel we’re hopefully going to see a lot more action and find out more about everything.

I’m giving this novel a 7/10!

No comments: