Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Virginity, Thy Name is Bliss



Losing It

Written by: Cora Carmack

Released: February 26th 2013 by William Morrow

Summary: Virginity.
Bliss Edwards is about to graduate from college and still has hers. Sick of being the only virgin among her friends, she decides the best way to deal with the problem is to lose it as quickly and simply as possible-- a one-night stand. But her plan turns out to be anything but simple when she freaks out and leaves a gorgeous guy alone and naked in her bed with an excuse that no one with half-a-brain would ever believe. And as if that weren’t embarrassing enough, when she arrives for her first class of her last college semester, she recognizes her new theatre professor. She’d left him naked in her bed about 8 hours earlier.






The Video Review!

Check out my YouTube channel for more book related videos!!!






An Extra Review!!!!


So, this book interested me mainly because of the whole virginity angle; I find it fascinating that the main character is almost a university graduate and still has her virginity in tact. Today, kids are losing their virginity at such younger and younger ages and it can be quite alarming - especially with news reports of 14 year old girls and younger becoming pregnant from it. But that’s a whole other topic.

I loved the fact that Bliss, the main character, was still a virgin by choice. No religious or old fashioned  beliefs here folks. I also found it interesting that she really wanted to lose it ASAP — but in the right way. I feel like, because of this fact, this book will be able to speak to a lot of girls (and guys) who are interested in the New Adult genre. Or just interested in this book itself. 

Pair a good plot with great characters and this was a greatly enjoyable read, even though I found a hard time getting into it. But I blame that fact mostly on having to read a PDF on my computer since my personal paperback copy is in storage with most of my life*. 




*Moving stinks. Having to wait to move into your new house stinks even more. Especially when having to live with your mother until then. 

No comments: